2019 Nissan Frontier Towing Capacity and Engine Specs
If you’re considering the new 2019 Nissan Frontier, you’re in good company. This tough midsize pickup truck features a towing capacity that ranges from 3,500 to 6,720 pounds, depending on the trim level you choose. So, which trim offers the engine power and towing capability you need? Find out, below! No matter what your final choice is, you can rest assured: The Nissan Frontier will be a reliable companion, whether you’re tackling tasks on Garland job sites or hauling a small camper for a weekend in the great outdoors.
Nissan Frontier Towing Specs by Trim Level
Take a detailed look at how your Frontier trim level choice will affect your towing capability:
- Frontier S
- King Cab S M/T – 3,800-pound capacity
- King Cab S A/T – 3,790-pound capacity
- Crew Cab S 4×2 M/T – 6,640-pound capacity
- Crew Cab S 4×2 A/T – 6,620-pound capacity
- Crew Cab S 4×4 and SV 4×4 – 6,370-pound capacity
- Frontier SV
- King Cab SV 4-cylinder M/T – 3,810-pound capacity
- King Cab SV 4-cylinder A/T – 3,790-pound capacity
- King Cab SV V6 4×2 – 6,720-pound capacity
- King Cab SV V6 4×4 – 6,510-pound capacity
- Crew Cab SV 4×2 – 6,640-pound capacity
- Crew Cab Long Bed SV 4×2 – 6,500-pound capacity
- Crew Cab Long Bed SV 4×4 – 6,250-pound capacity
- Frontier Desert Runner
- King Cab Desert Runner – 6,690-pound capacity
- Crew Cab Desert Runner – 6,620-pound capacity
- Frontier PRO-4X
- Crew Cab PRO-4X M/T – 6,320-pound capacity
- Crew Cab PRO-4X A/T – 6,290-pound capacity
- King Cab PRO-4X – 6,450-pound capacity
- Frontier SL
- Crew Cab SL 4×2 – 6,480-pound capacity
- Crew Cab SL 4×4 – 6,240-pound capacity
Nissan Frontier Engine Specs
Whether you’re hauling a full 6,720 pounds or just enjoying a relaxing cruise through Dallas, you’ll want a powerful engine to back you up. The Nissan Frontier answers the call with two capable engine options, and where transmission options are concerned, a 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, or 5-speed automatic are your three choices. Explore the Frontier engine specs in detail, below:
- 2.5L 4-Cylinder Engine: This is the base engine for King Cab configurations, generating up to 152 hp and 171 lb-ft of torque.
- 4.0L V6 Engine: As your standard engine for Crew Cab configurations, this V6 generates a powerful 261 hp and 281 lb-ft of torque.
How Much Can the Nissan Frontier Truck Bed Carry?
Whether you choose a 2019 Nissan Frontier King Cab or Crew Cab, you won’t be held back by a low payload capacity. With the help of a high-tensile-steel ladder chassis, the Frontier bed is capable of carrying as much as 1,460 pounds.
Wondering how you can protect your bed from the heavy rains in Greenville? Spray-on or drop-in bed liners are custom-fit to your Frontier and can help prevent rust, scratching, and other damage a truck’s cargo box may endure.
Get Behind the Wheel at Nissan of Rockwall Today!
Ready to take on the power of the Nissan Frontier? Connect with us online or give us a ring at (469) 522-3858 to set up your test drive today. While you’re here, a Nissan specialist will walk you through everything the Frontier has to offer. Before you visit us, be sure to take a look at our new vehicle specials and apply for financing online to get pre-approved!